I spoke with Garry last week. I'm thinking this would be great to be involved in. I need to respond by Friday. Let me know if you think we (the Atkinson Energy Committee) should participate.
Michelle
Subject: Button Up NH: Home Energy Savings Workshop
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:14:45 -0400
From: gdow@cleanair-coolplanet.org
To: connect777@hughes.net; dvh@earthling.net; energycomitteehinsdale@gmail.com; ian@raymondphoto.com; rwerner@totalnetnh.net; mveasey@msn.com; e.steltzer@ci.dover.nh.us; lneiman@strwaspointdesign.com
Dear Energy Enthusiast,
This fall Button Up NH: Home Energy Savings Workshop is coming to 20 cities and towns in New Hampshire.
Based on our conversation, I think you would make an excellent organizer and hope you will strongly consider spearheading (in association with your Local Energy Committee) a Button Up NH workshop in your city or town. Attached is more information on Button Up NH; what we offer in terms of material and logistical support; and what we expect of our participating organizers and/or LECs.
In preparation, our staff will host two webinar-based information sessions (same session repeats second night) to help you (as a workshop organizer) get started. These webinar sessions will take place on Monday, Nov. 9 at 7pm and Thursday, Nov. 12 at 7pm and should last about 75 minutes. We ask that all organizations hoping to participate in Button Up NH have at least one representative attend one of these webinar sessions – both a phone and internet connection are necessary to participate.
If you would like to serve as an organizer (and I hope you do) please contact me, Garry Dow, Button Up NH coordinator, at gdow@cleanair-coolplanet.org, by the end of the week. This program has proven very successful in Vermont and together I have no doubt it will be equally successful in New Hampshire. I look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks,
Garry
Garry Dow
Community Outreach Coordinator
New England Carbon Challenge
An initiative of Clean Air-Cool Planet
100 Market Street, Ste 204
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Cell: (603) 828-8902
Phone: (603) 422-6464 x 115
Email: gdow@cleanair-coolplanet.org
http://www.cleanair-coolplanet.org