Michelle
From: mmascola@gmail.com
To: mveasey@msn.com; jim.garrity@leg.state.nh.us; schuster4863@comcast.net; jim.garrity.atkinsonsunshine@blogger.com; judyw@myfairpoint.net; judy@wainwright.mv.com; mmascola@gmail.com
Subject: contacts for energy fair
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:21:13 -0400
All,
I contacted Westville Supply, The Fireplace Center, Dave Pallaria Electric and Palmer Gas & Oil about attending Atkinson's annual energy fair.
Westville Supply: Spoke to Paul Sickel and he is willing to display several of his products that relate to energy savings. I just need to coordinate a pick up time to get all of his merchandise from Paul.
The Fireplace Center: Spoke to John, the manager. He was reluctant to come on a Saturday in November because November is his busy month for sales and on top of that it's a Saturday, another busy day. I told him that the whole event is just a couple hours and that he would only have to be there for his portion of the presentation. He agreed but I think that I will have to stay on his case to make sure that he doesn't change his mind. I did see that pellet stove window unit. If you can get past its ugly looks, I guess it's a neat idea.
Palmer Gas & Oil: I spoke to Bill Ermer and he is on board for the energy fair. He is passing my name off to Joe Trefethen, a manager in the store. Joe is most likely the one to do the presentation. Bill asked what topic to discuss. I told him to possibly go after the low hanging fruit. People may not be to keen to invest a lot of money in to super high tech ultra efficient systems that don't have a quick payback. I asked him to discuss the pros/cons of getting your oil burning system tuned up every year versus skipping a year and how that might impact the performance and safety. I also asked him to talk about other items like the Rinnai Tankless Hot Water Heaters that they carry.
Dave Pallaria from Pallaria Electric: I just have a phone call into him at this point. I'm going to ask Dave to speak about the Tekmar boiler reset control again. If he doesn't want to do it, may I suggest we call the person that installed Jim Graczyk's boiler rest (Mike Murphy). Both individuals are from town and its keeps the business local.
Each vendor asked when this energy fair will take place. I just told them sometime in November and that it will be held at the Atkinson Kimball Library.
That's all,
Michael