I had to submit the Intent to Submit last week. I did receive an estimate from Clay Mitchell's company and submitted it with that. Their estimates were much higher - $5,000 to 8,000/building to complete the audits as defined in the RFP. They said they would be very interested in working with us. My question, which I emailed the selectmen and town administrator about but have not received an answer, is do we need to put this out to bid at this point in the process without any guarantee of funding? What are your thoughts? Our next deadline is looming!
Good luck on the 30th. You're in a tough position, but I am confident that because of the respect that you have built in the community, you will do a great job!
Could you drop off the Button Up NH DVD you have at Town Hall for Dave to play on cable. He'll start it as soon as he has a copy.
Thanks!
Michelle
Subject: Deep dive energy audit costs
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:52:49 -0500
From: Jim.Garrity@leg.state.nh.us
To: mveasey@msn.com
Dear Michelle:
I spoke at length with Margaret Dillon about the ball park costs of energy audits as described in the bid document. She said it depends on the size of the building, but on average for a real, effective, deep dive audit, which may require the auditor calling in an engineer to evaluate HVAC systems etc, we may want to budget between $1500 - $2000 per building. She said we should check with Clay Mitchell's company too because they do very good work.
Peace,
James M. Garrity
Chairman, Right to Know Oversight Commission
State Representative (Rockingham District 6 - Atkinson)
Tel: 603-362-9416
Fax: 603-218-7818
Email: Jim.Garrity@Leg.state.nh.us